The Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers (CFAWL) is a professional organization dedicated to promoting the advancement and recognition of its members by expanding leadership and volunteer opportunities within the Central Florida community. In addition to establishing camaraderie and membership within the CFAWL peer group, the organization falls under the broader goals of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers in promoting equal rights, advocacy and opportunity for all members of the legal profession. For more information, visit us on social media at @CFAWLOrlando.
CFAWL is committed to the objectives and goals of FAWL to:
Actively promote gender equality and leadership roles in the legal profession and judiciary by:
- Supporting women lawyers in achieving leadership positions within the law in law firms and in local bar organizations, the Florida Bar, and the American Bar Association.
- Creating and offering mentoring relationships.
- Encouraging members to apply or seek election for judicial positions.
- Encouraging member involvement on boards of government, non-profit, and for-profit organizations.
Uphold the highest standards of integrity, honor, and courtesy in the legal profession by:
- Recognizing law firms and judges who are strong advocates for women in the legal profession.
- Encouraging CFAWL members to join bar leadership, such as The Florida Bar Board of Governors, sections, and committees.
Promote reform in law by:
- Identifying and maintaining peer groups of female and male lawyers who can effectively advance CFAWL and FAWL objectives.
- Educating the legal community on issues such as implicit bias.
- Encouraging growth by facilitating participation in both CFAWL and in FAWL activities.
- Sharing with CFAWL membership FAWL’s non-partisan bylaws and legislative positions.
- Creating advocacy programs on both the state and local level for women’s rights, such as equal pay, domestic violence, and sex trafficking.
Facilitating the administration of justice by:
- Actively seeking education and initiatives by The Florida Bar aimed at promoting gender equality within the legal profession.
- Educating members regarding the inequalities women continue to face in the profession.
Actively promote gender equality and leadership roles in the community at large by:
- Recognizing members who are strong advocates for women in our community.
- Assisting legal aid organizations by encouraging pro bono volunteering and by supporting legal aid organizations.
- Supporting efforts of FAWL to assist in drafting proposed legislation and lobbying for equal justice under the law.
For more information, please visit our website at https://cfawl.org or follow us on social media at @CFAWLOrlando.