The JBA Young Lawyers Section will host a month-long mental wellness and physical fitness competition for YLS members with the goal of encouraging lawyers, young and old, to set aside more of their time for fitness and mental health.
1) YLS members and participants must register by Tuesday, April 30, at 5:00 pm.
2) Beginning Wednesday, May 1, participants must track their physicaland mental health-related activities, earning 1 point per activity. Examples of qualifying activities couldinclude, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
a. Physical fitness – i.e., a trip to the gym, a run/walk/bicycle ride, yoga, group exercise class (or informal group exercise), recreational sporting competition (such as pickup basketball, tennis, golf without a cart, etc.), take only stairs for entire day, etc.
b. Mental health – i.e., mindfulness practices/meditation, reading for pleasure, a day with no television, etc.
c. General health – get a physical, attend health and wellness CLE, eat a fruit/vegetable a day, etc.
3) Participants must submit their activity log, including a description of the activity, once by close of business on Friday, May 17, and again by noon on Thursday, May 30.
4) Over the course of the month, participants must post at least 4 of their activities to social media (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), using the following hashtags: #stigmafreeyld, #WellLawyer and tagging@FlaBarYLD and @JaxBarYLS (on Instragram/Twitter)or @JBAYLS (on Facebook). Participants will receive 1 additional point is awarded per qualifying each social media post.
5) Reception will be held at a location TBD on May 30 with winners to be announced at that time.